Options

How to scrapp items?

alsolalsol Member Posts: 243
Hello
As I heard, in Navision 3.7 is no programm to scrapp items.

How do you scrapp any items, over the stocktaking programm? We would like to have a programm only for scrapping so we can set up a G/L account where all the expenses from scrapping get posted on.

Best regards,
cyberscout

Comments

• Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    what expenses are these exactly?
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    maybe physical inventory can help ? or maybe just the negative adjustments in Item Journal Lines ?
    Have you tried this ?

What kind of (automatic) scrapp are you expecting ? When should the user/system put items to scrapp, etc.?
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    alsolalsol Member Posts: 243
    When I use the negative (or also positive) adjustements in the item journal, I have an account called "Stock changing" on which the costs will be posted on.

The only possibility for me is to change the general posting setup before I scrapp items, but this is not really userfriendly.

The users should be able to scrapp items as they do inventory adjustments, but this case he should be able to pick an entry type like "scrapping" (instead of negative adjustments) and so we see all our expenses from scrapping on a singe account.

The accounting record should be: expenses from scrapping / inventory. The expenses from scrapping is an account in "costs of goods sold".

These aren't real expenses, its like a depreciation on the inventory. When we see that an item has no value anymore and we scrapp it, we need to post this as an expense.

Best regards
    cyberscout
  • Options
    Well, can you see "Gen. Bus. Posting Group" in Item Journal Line. You should make it visible.
    Then create new "Gen. Bus. Posting Group" called SCRAP and setup for combination of "Gen. Bus. Posting Group" = SCRAP and "Gen. Prod. Posting Group" = 'YOURGROUP" a cost account in field "Inventory Adjmt. Account".
    After posting Item Journal for Negative Adjustment (be sure to enter also "Gen. Bus. Posting Group" = SCRAP) you should run "Adjust Cost - Item Entries" and then "Post Inventory Cost to G/L". (should be run daily)

Your changes in inventory value should affect GL - Credit on stock account and debit on cost account.

I hope I haven't missed the point?
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    BTW, if you are runing "Adjust Cost - Item Entries" and "Post Inventory Cost to G/L" at the end of the day and move the inventory value to cost accounts even before (at least an interim)...
    ...you could setup a new location called SCRAP with setup (in combination with your Inventory Posting Group).

And then you just make Inventory movements by using "Item Reclass. Journal" from regular locations to SCRAP location (thus from inv. acc. to interim cost. acc)
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯