NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I [-o< its not for all the dynamics products
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I saw that one a while back. It was embedded in a page where I was reading about Navision. But once following the link, it goes to explain about everything that "Dynamics" can do. But they never pointed out that none of the products actually do ALL the things they mentioned. So it looks like they are offering the elusive "Green" product.

I think its very dangerous, and will further cloud that major issue they currently have in getting clients (and partners) to make the right product choice.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I don't get it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    ara3n wrote:
    I don't get it.

I assume you mean you don't get the ad.

the concern is that its a context sensitive add, and I have seen it in some Navision articles, so the reder will think that its about Navision. But if you follwo the link, it then describes Axapta, CRM, Solomon, GP Navision etc. as though it was one product. Leaving the customer thinking that they get all these features by purchasing a product called "Dynamics".

I see marketing stuff like this as keeping me employed for a few more years, so it can't be a bad thing .... right :mrgreen:
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The point of the ad is to get prospects interested in the brand "Microsoft Dynamics". Then when the customers calls in and says "I want to learn more about Dynamics", they'll point them to AX, GP, NAV, SL, CRM, etc based on their business needs.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Alex Chow wrote:
    The point of the ad is to get prospects interested in the brand "Microsoft Dynamics". Then when the customers calls in and says "I want to learn more about Dynamics", they'll point them to AX, GP, NAV, SL, CRM, etc based on their business needs.

Well it's not a true statement. Dynamics is not one product. Each works differently, and none of them works like Microsoft office and even within office, each product works differently.

It's like saying EU works like US.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    ara3n wrote:
    Well it's not a true statement. Dynamics is not one product. Each works differently, and none of them works like Microsoft office and even within office, each product works differently.

It's like saying EU works like US.

No posts on this thread are true. It's all just speculations and opinions. :mrgreen:

We all understand all products are different. Everyone on this forum knows it's different. But the new prospects doesn't and the general public doesn't. I don't see how you're going to get people interested in a Microsoft ERP in 30 seconds (or less) by explaining all the different lines. It's basically marketing 101, show a little leg so people will approach you and learn more about you.

If you think from a new prospect's point of view, a lot of MSFT's messages will make more (not a lot, just more) sense.
  • Options
    Well the thing is have you seen the ad? I think you need to see the whole thing. if I knew nothing about Dynamics, I would relly belive that I simply use excel and word like functions to to CRM and manufacturing. The ads are very missleading.

As you say though they will get peoples attention, and then it will be up to the sales person to explain the reality, which of course they will do. Including telling them that the Interface to Excel in Nav really just exports, it doesnt actually allow you to use Excel to enter data, and to tell them that "Well no Navision really doesn't have CRM like you are after" because we know that sales people have such integrity that they would not want the customer to get the wrong impression.

And of course we all know that if a client comes to a NAV reseller and in fact they really need Great Plains, that the partner will tell them "actually GP is a better fit for you and will be cheaper".
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Alex Chow wrote:
    No posts on this thread are true. It's all just speculations and opinions. :mrgreen:

Very true :D
    David Singleton
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Now if this particular ad were in some sort of accounting magazine I'd go along with that it's meant to generate interest in "the brand". The ad was in a local Red Wings hockey forum, where people go to complain about Osgood's GAA percentage, or that Zetterberg just got a really bad deal. Nobody in there is interested in anything other than hockey, beer and girls. It was so misplaced that it's not even funny.
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    It was so misplaced that it's not even funny.

OK well that is something different. I thought you were just talking about the ad in general. As to placement, its all automated, and never perfect. How many times have you seen an advert for American Football when reading some MVPs article?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    How is this for ad placement?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    The board was placed some 4 years ago (when NAV 4.0 was not launched) and at present the company who placed the board has been taken over by a global company.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    ssingla wrote:
    The board was placed some 4 years ago (when NAV 4.0 was not launched) and at present the company who placed the board has been taken over by a global company.

In fact they have moved the Bangalore operation to Delhi, but some how the bill board is still there.

Interestingly though the advert still is useful, because people see the word Navision, and ask what it is. I am pretty sure the owners of the advertising space do not realize it is still there.

But this is really off topic :mrgreen:
    David Singleton