Options

Licience for WEB USERS - NAV 2009

Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
edited 2009-01-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

Acc. to my knowledge, for the Web Users we need to have DCO licence per user.
And in details of DCO, two things are having pricing.
1) Sharepoint Server
2) Sharepoint Services

While this link
http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=31127
specifies there is no sharepoint client involvement in currentr NAV 2009. So, why licence details have Sharepoint related charges?

Please, suggest. I may be wrong in above details.
Thanks in Adv.
Ravi_Thakkar
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Because sometimes things do not go as planned.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    Easy. There are two DCO's: one including MOSS call, one excluding. That's the only difference. Advantage is that when you want to build a front end in sharepoint for your webservices, you get the MOSS call for a (small bit) lower price...
  • Options
    Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.
    Easy. There are two DCO's: one including MOSS call, one excluding. That's the only difference. Advantage is that when you want to build a front end in sharepoint for your webservices, you get the MOSS call for a (small bit) lower price...
    So, if I am developing one project using Visual Studio .Net rather than Sharepoint then also I need to have DCO licences for allowing the Web users to access?

And which will be the better way to develope the project Using Sharepoint or Uing Visual Studio .Net?

Please, advice.

Thanks in advance.
    Ravi_Thakkar
  • Options
    p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    can only answer your first question: yes you will. I don;t understand how you think we can answer your second one...
  • Options
    Hi p.willemse6,
    Thanks for your reply.
    can only answer your first question: yes you will. I don;t understand how you think we can answer your second one...
    Actually I dont have experience with the Sharepoint.
    So, I don't have any idea whether any existing features are available or not, in Sharepoint which are more flexible and easy compared with the asp.net. (e.g. Require less customization and good security)
    That's why I asked it to the ( Sharepoint & ap.net ) Experienced persons.

Please advice if any.

Thanks.
    Ravi_Thakkar
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    And which will be the better way to develope the project Using Sharepoint or Uing Visual Studio .Net?

Thats a very bizzare question.

These products do completely different things. You question would be like asking : "I am going hiking in the forest this weekend, should I take a Bicycle or a Camera?" :mrgreen:

Basically unless you actually know what a bicycle is used for and what a camera is used for, any answer would be pointless.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Link to the Visual Studio page on microsoft.com
    Link to the Sharepoint page on microsoft.com

Sharepoint is a web interface to a portal with all sorts of functionality. Visual Studio is a set of development tools. If you were to create new webparts for Sharepoint, Visual Studio is one of the tools you could use to do that.