Permission issues with NAV 2009

TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
edited 2009-01-28 in NAV Three Tier
Permission issues:
I wonder is it only my license file, or is it applicable to everyone.
If you delete any page in the default nav pages, you will not be able to create that page anymore.

According to temporary table "license permissions", none of the existing forms and pages have insert permission.
But you have permission to delete and modify is available.

Gues, who deleted "contact" page and cannot create it anymore? ](*,)

----
Edit:
Solution: had to export all customized objects and restore a SQL backup (did not find any other way of putting back original Contact page into NAV). ](*,)

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    export as fob and import?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    ara3n wrote:
    export as fob and import?

The thing is:

1. exported
    2. deleted (ops! shouldn't have)
    3. trying to import - getting error message.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be you need to delete some metadata from the virtual table about the page? Which error did you see when trying to import the fob?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    May be you need to delete some metadata from the virtual table about the page? Which error did you see when trying to import the fob?

No, as I said specifically, error states - you do not have permissions to create Contact table.
    And when I looked at temporary table "License Permissions" it seems none of default pages/forms are allowed to be created (you can only modify or delete them, but not insert).
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You mean that importing a page in an fob file is giving you the permission error? That's going to be a big problem when implementing 3rd party products...
    Tomas wrote:
    kine wrote:

No, as I said specifically, error states - you do not have permissions to create Contact table.
    And when I looked at temporary table "License Permissions" it seems none of default pages/forms are allowed to be created (you can only modify or delete them, but not insert).

That is not problem. You do not have permissions for Insert on these IDs. It is why you cannot "Create" new object from object designer with this ID. You can only create it through importing fob. And it seems that there is some bug in that which check the permissions. During import of FOB no permissions are tested...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Ah, may be it is because this:

Some object have permissions to insert into contact table, which you do not have in the license. During the import of objects, all objects are compiled. May be because that you have the error, because you cannot "save" or "modify" any object, which have indirect rights to objects, you have only indirect or no rights in the license... :-k
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    It works fine for me. The is probably something wrong with your license.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    ara3n wrote:
    It works fine for me. The is probably something wrong with your license.

That's what I wanted to hear, thanks.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    I have a permission trouble too, I'm trying to start the RTC in configure a profile mode, and it says I have no permissions to configure profile X.

We've got our new NSC licence at about September, I uploaded that, plus copied into pretty much any directory it may be looking in, set myself up as SUPER, synchronized the permissions - what else?

Probably bad licence?