Installing Nav 2009

clemboclembo Member Posts: 122
edited 2009-01-27 in NAV Three Tier
I have a SBS2008 server with Sql2005 installed. I want install Nav2009 on this server. I run setup and choose to installa Database Server. Before to continue select Sqlserver name and Database navision name.
The installation was completed wothout error.
But I can't find the database in sqlserver. Installation create it??
How I can install Cronus database? Why my client don't find datase??

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you are installing the Server, it will install only server.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd354994.aspx for more info.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • clemboclembo Member Posts: 122
    And If i want to install Cronus database??
    And If I wanto to create a new Nav2009 database??
  • Jens_TidemannJens_Tidemann Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 14
    If you in the installer choose "Choose an installation option" and on the next screen choose "custom components" then you will find "Demo database" under "SQL server option" - install that and you will get the Cronus Demo Database.

Alternatively you can copy the database files (.MDF and .LDF files types) and attach them from SQL Management Studio.
    Jens Tidemann
    Microsoft, Dynamics NAV

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    And if you want to create new DB, you need to use Classic client as usual...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • clemboclembo Member Posts: 122
    You are sayin that I must use Classic Client to create new database? And after I need to convert it in sql??
  • NickANickA Member Posts: 32
    clembo wrote:
    You are sayin that I must use Classic Client to create new database? And after I need to convert it in sql??

'Classic Client' as in the older pre 2009 client we're all used to. It's been renamed to 'Classic Client' (Uses native database) and 'Classic Client with SQL Server Option'.

The role tailored client talks to SQL via a middle-tier server IE it's not connected directly to the database, therefore it can't be used to perform database maintenance type tasks. Hopefully at some point we'll see some tools for managing things a little better than just firing up the classic client.
    Sorry, I mean "Classic Cient with SQL Server Option"...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.