Options

ADCS version 3.70

GraymarkGraymark Member Posts: 2
Has anyone had any experience with implementing ADCS with Navision 3.70 using lot tracking or serial numbers? Would you please detail what RF equipment was used and what implementation issues you had.

Thanking you inadvance for your relies

Comments

• Options
    DigiTecKidDigiTecKid Member Posts: 46
    I would contact Lanham & Associates about their new RF solution based on ADCS. It's not really being "marketed" yet but they are on the verge of releasing it from what I understand.

Since Microsoft has an agreement with Intermec they are going to start selling their equipment for the solution. Just for a general idea of what kind of costs you are looking at, the handhelds are intermec CK30's and are about $3000 a piece.

Good luck.
  • Options
    tvandongentvandongen Member Posts: 78
    Can you give some more information about the agreement you mentioned between Microsoft and Intermec.

We just bought 5 intermec barcode scanners and are using self-developed forms in combination with a citrix client on the scanner to simplify the registration in the warehouse.
  • Options
    DigiTecKidDigiTecKid Member Posts: 46
    tvandongen,

I was talking to Navision support (US) just today and the support tech said that there was an agreement between Intermec and Microsoft, hence Microsoft was recommending their hardware for supply chain solutions.

Sorry I could not be more help.
  • Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi,

I had made a research about 8 months ago with a Datalogic DL9600 wireless handheld barcode scanner (DOS Terminal) and the use of ADCS in Navision 3.60.

It took me about a month with enormous effort to make it work.
    The miniforms and menus are very difficult to edit, expand and debug, since all the requests go thru the application server of navision.

When I finally made it work, I came to the conclusion that it is not user friendly and it was causing more trouble and work than we could afford for a person in the warehouse.

You could search for ACDS in the forums and get an idea of various errors and drawbacks.

We abandoned the whole ADCS implementation and decided that in case we use barcodes, we will go thru terminal services and custom forms that are easier to implement and maintain.

That was my experience with ADCS and I don't recall those days with a smile. 8-[