Production Schedule (Gantt) in NAV 2009

drayoramadrayorama Member Posts: 6
edited 2008-12-14 in NAV Three Tier
Greetings!

I can’t find the Production Schedule (Gantt) feature in the new Role Tailored Client of NAV 2009. I’ve searched the help and didn’t find any evidence of presence. Funny, it’s still available in the Classic client.

Any ideas?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is not there because the change of handling automations on service tier and all around...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • drayoramadrayorama Member Posts: 6
    Hi Kamil,
    Thanks for reply.
    If you are right, obviously, RTC is not a replacement of equal value. :( That means some companies (users) will be forced to use Classic client.
    Having both clients available (Classic and RTC) is rather confusing! :-k
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, it is not 1:1 replacement. It is "DIFFERENT" client, with different ways of doing the things. It is not worse, it is not better (in average), it is different... ;-)

You need only to find different ways for solving the specific problem. Using only classic client is only postponing the step to RTC. Using both clients is solution for step by step upgrade to RTC (e.g. only som non-key users can start to use RTC, and you can transfer more and more users to the RTC).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    Nice idea, but would you maintain all of your add-ons with two interfaces?
  • Lars_WestmanLars_Westman Member Posts: 116
    Yes. I think You should.

Build in classic with forms and use the Transformation Tool to convert to Pages. Microsoft did that with the whole standard application.
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    then you will not make full use of the new possibilities... and there is a lot of work extra to be done. any partners I spoke will only support the new client...
  • Lars_WestmanLars_Westman Member Posts: 116
    You support the new client by developing in classic including forms. Then You use Transformation tool to create pages from your forms.

This way you support both classic client and RTC.

/Lars