Upgrade 3.7 to 2009

ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
edited 2008-11-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Can we directly upgrade 3.7 to 2009 or we will have to follow the step by step method(4.0 then 5.0 then 2009)?
Please provide me the link for the NDT.

Thanks in advance
Thanks,
Ritesh K Singh

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I do not know which version will be supported in the NAV 2009 upgrade toolkit. We can assume that it will be two last versions, it means 4 and 5. In this case, you need only do upgrade 3.70 - 4.xx - NAV 2009 or 3.70 - 5.xx - NAV 2009.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    >4.0
    >5.0
    Nav 2009
    > \:D/
    Now or Never
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Can we do a techinal upgrade only i.e. use the fin of NAV 2009 and database of 4.0 SP3?
    If yes will this enable the export to excel/word functionality available?
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    ssingla wrote:
    Can we do a techinal upgrade only i.e. use the fin of NAV 2009 and database of 4.0 SP3?
    viewtopic.php?t=17513
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17452
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ssingla wrote:

yes.
    David Singleton
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    I guess you mean the classic client in NAV 2009?
    If RTC, you'll need to transform your forms in pages... .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    If RTC, you'll need to transform your forms in pages... .
    And may I say that trying to take a 3.7 database to NAV 2009 without the changes we made in the forms in order to make them transformable is not a trivial task.

One of our TAP customers was a 3.7 customer with a number of customizations - they decided to use the opportunity to clean up their installation, meaning that they didn't upgrade - they reimplemented the customizations, which wasn't available in 2009 by some other functionality.

The Configuration and Personalization features of 2009 was one of the things that helped them eliminate a lot of customizations.

Best way to RTC is either re-implement or merge your changes up to NAV 2009 classic - and then transform (IMO)
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.