How have they taken it? Nav2009

TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
edited 2008-11-21 in NAV Three Tier
Just wondering how people have taken to the new version of Nav.

Have you shown to prospects and customers? What was their responses.

Any suggestions, tips, cool thing to show in the Cronus Data?

Chart Parts on List Pages, anyone got a really great KPI to show for that?

I just wanted to stir up some interest, help each other out show this new product to its best potential.

I've demo'd it to a few people. One of them (Nav 4.0) just looked at the projection with their jaw hanging out.
And yesterday (again a 4.0) I got firm "We're going SQL 2008, Server 2008 and Nav 2009" :-). That upgrade will complete in April.

So, throw us your experiences.....

t

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Wait till you give them the estimate for the upgrade. :mrgreen:

I would show them reports with color and graphs. and dynamic sorting. Allow them to search for values in report to save as pdf and excel.

The report layout designer.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    On the Marketing beta page, there are nice demo scripts that takes you through the nice features of NAV2009.

Essentually, you want to start demostrating NAV2009 with the ROLES concept.
  • TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    Thanks for the replys guys.

What I was really trying to get at was what, if any, was the reactions other have had when showing Nav2009??

t
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    TonyH wrote:
    Thanks for the replys guys.

What I was really trying to get at was what, if any, was the reactions other have had when showing Nav2009??

t

remember when those bizarre menus were introduced in 4.00. Well the first reactions are something like that. i.e. people new to the product see it as pretty much what they expect it to look like, but those familiar with the Classic client find it awkward to use.
    David Singleton
  • TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    In honor of you post I went to change my username to "FormThreeThirty" but no luck, I can't change my username on here.

Oh well.

t