Options

"Search the forum" does not work anymore?

TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
edited 2008-10-31 in General Chat
Example: go to "search the forum" and enter:
nas failed
It gives 0 rezults (with default option "Search for all terms or use query as entered"). Should it be that way? Or the search has been changed?

However, google query
nas failed site:www.mibuso.com
gives more results.

Answers

• Options
    kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Have you used Search in "Post subjects and message text" option? It gives some results.
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    The default option has changed. Mark the field "Post subjects and message text" when searching, or only the Subjects are searched for your keywords.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    aha! this is the unexpected change (at least, I think it worked differently before) - by default it searches only for topic titles only now.
    thanks! :)
  • Options
    The default option has changed. Mark the field "Post subjects and message text" when searching, or only the Subjects are searched for your keywords.

Luc,

Is there a way of saving "search type" to users profile? So, that each user could have his own predefined "default" values?
  • Options
    No, there isn't. But I can change the default, if more people want it.

PS: The use of [Solved] in the Topic Title has been discontinued. We now have a Topic Attribute feature, to put a green checkmark next to your topic, when it is solved. Edit your first message again, and look at the field Attribute.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    1 vote for "Post subjects and message text" from me... :wink:
  • Options
    kapamarou wrote:

I second that! +1
  • Options
    @Tomas: Do you have a problem with finding the Attribute field, to put a green checkmark?
  • Options
    @Tomas: Do you have a problem with finding the Attribute field, to put a green checkmark?

Yes, I do. ](*,)
  • Options
    Now I know why: the feature wasn't activated for this forum :oops:
    Now it is!
  • Options
    Now I know why: the feature wasn't activated for this forum :oops:
    Now it is!

And I was thinking it's one of those moments when you look directly at something, and you cannot see it.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Tomas wrote:
    kapamarou wrote:
    I second that! +1

\:D/
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Rule 11 of Forum Rules needs updation.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    ssingla wrote:
    Rule 11 of Forum Rules needs updation.
    We are now using this set of rules: faq.php?mode=rules . The link to this is available at the top right of every page, next to "RSS Feed".