Options

Set up new company

LeshabelaLeshabela Member Posts: 35
Hi, all.

Here we go - we need these 5 new companies set up in Navision.

If possible, copy the chart of accounts, list of customers and list of suppliers from already running on other database.

The only difference is that all these new companies have a financial year-end of 28 February, while others year-end is 31 December.

Thanks.
Learning Never End.

Comments

• Options
    Geert_PennersGeert_Penners Member Posts: 12
    Leshabela wrote:
    Hi, all.

Here we go - we need these 5 new companies set up in Navision.

If possible, copy the chart of accounts, list of customers and list of suppliers from already running on other database.

The only difference is that all these new companies have a financial year-end of 28 February, while others year-end is 31 December.

Thanks.

You should use the Setup Checklist (under financial set-up in pre 4.0 version) where you can copy tabledata from other companies. The tables you mention are not affected by year-end, btw. Just make sure you also set-up all connected tables (like posting groups, languages, etc)
    Kind regards,

Geert Penners
    http://www.gac.nl
  • Options
    shineyangshineyang Member Posts: 4
    Hi Leshabela,
    You can do it in database. display the object ,then find table,
    chart of accounts : G/L Account;customers: customer;suppliers :Vendor
    run these tables and copy all the list to new company relevant tables

Good luck!
    I am shine, Shine and fervency
  • Options
    g_dreyerg_dreyer Member Posts: 123
    If your 5 new companies all share the same customers,vendors and G/L accounts, then you probably want to look into making those tables global (i.e. not data per company, as per properties of the table).
    Making the tables global, spare you some effort in keeping the tables in sync accross the companies, but be aware, the other setup tables like the posting groups, etc needs to be properly maintained - or - made global as well. Otherwise you will run into a lot of trouble because of other missing setup information.

Plan it carefully and you will reap the rewards!

By the way:
    Easiest method to transfer the data between the two databases is by doing a copy and paste, but only if the table structures are exactly the same.

Cheers,
    Gus
  • Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi,

Since this is a routine that will be executed once, you should make an export dataport of all the tables you want and export the data to a file.

Then make an import dataport to get the data from that file and using a look with change company you could import everything to all the companies in a database.

I have researched alot the "Data per Company" thing and I came up that the troubles you will get into are huge... I have come to the conclusion that the synchronization of basic fields like name, Vat Reg. Code, e.t.c. is more efficient and doesn't cause so many problems. (beware of delete).