Options

Menu Form design and security

kubkub Member Posts: 10
Hi,

I'm quite new on Navision (4 days) and tryig to understand the setup of the package in my new company. I used to support/develop under Concorde XAL. Is there anywhere where I can get information on the Navision programme annd especially the access restriction part (securitty and roles) and the mmenu you would attach a user to ex. You want to give a user access to the manufactoring menu, but not the rest. How can I come further with this?

Any help is greeatly appriciated

Kai

Comments

• Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi Kai and welcome...

I suggest before trying to "invent the wheel" to read some of the docs that are included in the product CD.

Especialy the Chapter 4 in the 'w1w1ism.pdf' file is about Security and Roles.

If you are destined to code then you sould also study the 'w1w1adg.pdf' (Application Designer's Guide).

Sorry for referencing to the PDF files but it will give you many information that is essential to begin. Don't worry, since you are already a programmer you won't have a problem...
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Gl Setup->Users->User Setup->Enter Used ID->In Main Menu Column Place the Code for The Manufacturing Menu (99001049) or what ever you number might be.

when you lookup the table you can filter on *Menu*"

this is a start to get the to the right menu for them.

Use HELP -> Search topics "security" to find more info on creating roles n such to further batten down the hatches "Arrrgh"