Options

Commerce Portal on Dynamics NAV 5.0

KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
edited 2008-09-01 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi Everyone,

I got stuck with a problem. We upgraded one of our customers from 3.6 to 5.0SP1. They have a Commerce Portal website and they insisted on keeping it. Now we had the website up and running and we had Nav 5.0SP1 talking through the message queues. We started a synchronize of all tables and it should have synchronized about 1.3M records. But after about 900.000 it stopped. We had seen this before so we stopped and started the synchronization service and the NAS. But still it will not synchronize anymore.

I can look at the eventlog and see that the NAS starts ok and is logging on as a superuser. The error we are getting is that for some reason now the Synch-Queue is locked by another process. We even rebooted the server to see if that would do the trick. But it didn't.

Does anyone out there know what might be going on?

Thank you,

Willy
Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    CHeck the MSMQ queues through the Computer management console (This computer - Manage). Check the queues on both ends. Check the system queues for some info about what is going on.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Thanks Kine,

I looked at the system queues there was not a single message in them.
    But we have it going again.

This might be a solution for somebody with a similar problem:
    When we purched the Journal messages belonging to the Synch queue, the synchronization process started again.

We now set the limit to 100KB for the Journal messages. And it looks to be running fine.

One question though: Does Windows Server 2003 have a limit on the total combined size of journal messages belonging to the queue, when the size limit is not set in the message queue properties?

Thank you for your response,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

when you go to "Computer Management" and right-click on the entry "Message Queuing" under "Services and Applications" and select "Properties" you can see the size limitation of MSMQ of your system.

This limit is effective for all queues on your machine which means everything is added to one sum.

If you are over your limit it may happen that the MSMQ service will no longer run or even will not restart any more.

KR
    Rainer