CRM 4.0 integration with Navison

bona_donabona_dona Member Posts: 72
edited 2008-09-01 in Dynamics CRM
hello,

I am interested in how to integrate CRM 4.0 with Navision.Please if someone know how to do it response me.I know that there is connector for this and is any other way to solve the problem :?:

thansk:)

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    You have to do it through some development, or an existing connector.

Celenia and VisionPeople have solutions for this.
    If you choose to do this in custom development, you're in for a big job :wink:.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • bona_donabona_dona Member Posts: 72
    hi,

Thanks for reply:)about celenia and other connectors I have heard,and about custom development I am interested very.Can you send me some documentation or steps how to create it.

Best regards,Khatia
    Goh, that's going to be difficult. Company classified, and just too much to put on a forum.

May be to get you started - the way we did it some time:
    We have a product called "Integration Framework". It's just an application where you can configure when, what message (XML) should be sent to where (Webservice, directory, MSMQ,...). So basically, it's just setting up XMLports, creating on XMLs on the right time on the right place. You can put this into code yourself... don't necessarily need some kind of product like the integration framework.
    Furthermore, on the side of CRM, we worked together with our CRM partner (Infront). If I'm not mistaken, they use scribe to import our messages... .
    You could be going directly to CRM as well, using the CRM SDK. But that's not something I'm familiar with... .

The reason why we didn't go for the standard connectors was simply by the fact that as NAV CRM as well as MSCRM was customized too much to use a standard connector.

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • bona_donabona_dona Member Posts: 72
    Thanks for reply:)It will be useful for me:)
    Well, let us know about your solution 8)

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    I am always curious if there are already three existing connectors, and an experienced consultant tells you it is a hel of a job, why on earth anybody would go and try to create their own connector. The named connectors are all cheaper than 3 days of development...
  • pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    Has anyone successfully managed to integrate MS-CRM with NAV when NAV-Relationship Management is also to be used? We would like to have our salespeople to use MS-CRM, but our accounting and project management and developers prefer to keep using NAV. The two datamodels are quite in-compatible (CRM: Contacts including relations to Accounts. NAV: Contacts-person and relations to Contact-companies and Customers and Vendors and Banks)

Has anyone compared the two connectors and wish to share the result? I have only looked at the two demonstration videos.

We have also briefly looked at the Celenia Connector, and it seems to assume that everything can be synchronized one-2-one, but this is not quite the case with NAV-Contacts and related tables.
    Regards
    Peter