Options

Databases and Consolidation

evgeniosevgenios Member Posts: 8
Hi all,

My clients has 5 companies and wants to consolidate all statutory data into a 6th one.
As far as I know all 6 companies could be in the same native DB or in different ones.
Are there any limitations?
Has anybody encountered a similar situation to tell me which way consolidation works best?
Is it the same case if instead of the native DB, the SQL one is used?
Any thoughts or experience with multi-company consolidation are more than welcome :wink:

Thanx
Evgenios

Comments

• Options
    tvandongentvandongen Member Posts: 78
    We are consolidating 7 companies and don't have found much problems with it (NF 2.60).

We just needed one fix for consolidating ultimo posts, because it wasn't possible to consolidate this with the default report 90.

Futher be carefull with the steps you need to do with closing the years:

First run "Close Income Statement" on your normal companies, then close them.
    Close your consolidation company, then run the conslidation of the ultimo posts from the previous step and as last step run "Close Income Statement" on the consolidation company.
  • Options
    Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
    Just a hint: You can select to consolidate with directly database import from another company. But I encountered problems to import older postings when creating an initial consolidated company. It worked perfectly with file export and import, but not with the database connection.
    Don't know if this problem is still existing, as I had this problem with a 2.01.
  • Options
    zachavaszachavas Member Posts: 7
    If you have the luxury of waiting, you will find out that the Nav 4.0 has a lot more comperhensive consolidation tool than the previous versions.

Vasileios