Options

Internet Explorer Gone Wild

DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
edited 2008-07-29 in General Chat
This has been happening off and on for the past few months. I have not figured out what triggers it but it only happens on mibuso.

I am on Vista Ultimate, using Internet Explorer 7. The way that I browse mibuso is I scan the list of new posts, and I open a new tab for each post that I want to read (right click, open in new tab).

Every once in a while, all of a sudden, new Internet Explorer windows appear with the new posted reply. Not new tabs, but new windows. They come up faster than I can click them away, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how to stop it. Sometimes it just stops, sometimes I can keep up, sometimes I can close the group (I had to turn on 'Group Similar Taskbar Buttons') and it stops. Sometimes though it just keeps going and the only way to stop it is to shut down my computer. Like this morning I must have closed close to a thousand windows before I finally gave up and shut down my computer.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have you figured out what causes it? Is there a fix for it?

Comments

• Options
    DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Daniel,

I have encounter the same problem occasionally on my home PC using Vista home premium but not on the work laptop (Vista Business) - It's very annoying and it doesn't seem to be related to Mibuso. It normally opens 50 windows and I solve it two ways - log off or leave it to finish and close the stack. Sound like a Vista problem to me and probably the home flavour (as Ultimate is a mix of business and home). I searched for a solution but haven't found anything to date.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • Options
    I thought there might be a limit to the number of windows, so I let it go once, and when it hit like 150 windows my system crawled down to almost nothing, and I ended up having to shut down my computer, and it took almost 10 minutes to shut down completely.

My initial thought was that it was a Vista problem, and it might have something to do with it, but it's not just that. I browse other forums as well, many news sites, and it only happens on Mibuso. I think it might have something to do with how PHP works in Vista.

What I am looking for is an explanation, how it happens, so I can adjust the way that I use Internet Explorer.
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I had the same problem with tabs going wild, then opening up new windows when ther ewqere too many tabs.
    The problem went away with SP1. Have you applied SP1? It made my laptop work dramatically better.
  • Options
    It wasn't tabs, it's new windows. And I am completely up to date with Windows Update.
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Firefox works fine for Mibuso
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    davmac1 wrote:
    Firefox works fine for Mibuso
    I can confirm this. :wink:
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    I don't want to use Firefox, I want to fix my IE.
  • Options
    Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    I've never experienced this problem on my Vista Ultimate pc at home, on MIBUSO or any other site. Very strange indeed! Sounds like spyware, though I'm quite sure you would be protected from having that.
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • Options
    Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    DenSter wrote:
    *snip*
    I think it might have something to do with how PHP works in Vista.

PHP is server side compiled, so I can't imagine how it would affect your system. That just doesn't make sense to me. :?
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer