Options

Problem connection to Navision SQL server option...

gabsgabs Member Posts: 6
Its a NTAuthentication database, when I connect with some clients I get
The BLOB Size field on the Object table does not exist in the SQL Server table or view

Does anyone know the solution for this problem ? It seems to be client related, as some clients connect with no problem.

g.

Comments

• Options
    dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    Perhaps the .stx file in use on the bad clients contain incorrect translations of field names of the object table. Check if there is a difference between a bad and a good client's .stx file. It may depend on which language is chosen on those clients, because there are separate .stx files in each language subfolder of the Navision installation.
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    robertc wrote:
    Perhaps the .stx file in use on the bad clients contain incorrect translations of field names of the object table. Check if there is a difference between a bad and a good client's .stx file. It may depend on which language is chosen on those clients, because there are separate .stx files in each language subfolder of the Navision installation.

I've compared .stx files - and they are identical, problem is present in which ever language. Norwegian AND English. I've also checked the SQL tables, and the field and table / view in question is present.. All users have rights to it. .

Just don't know, could it be related to the windows installation?
  • Options
    hmmm?

Problem goes away if I reinstall windows to a localized version. Problem now is that I can do this to clients, but not on the server..

g.
  • Options
    osimrenosimren Member Posts: 29
    Hi,
    I have the same problem but with an application server (NAS) that are running on the Navision server (3.70a HF15, SQL).
    Are there any other way to solve this instead of reinstalling windows?
  • Options
    Yes, we finally solved it by first backing up our navision database. then uninstalling NAS and any Clients on the server. We then installed a localized (NO) client, created a new database and restored the database.

You haveto make sure you create, and restore the new database with a localized version - or it will not work.

When the client can connect to the database without a blobsize error, You can install NAS, and it will work.

Good luck.

.gabs
  • Options
    osimrenosimren Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for the reply gabs,
    We will try to do this.
    Do you know if there are any difference between the NAS that are on the W1 CD and the NAS that are on the localized CD?
  • Options
    osimren wrote:
    Thanks for the reply gabs,
    We will try to do this.
    Do you know if there are any difference between the NAS that are on the W1 CD and the NAS that are on the localized CD?

no I'm sorry I have no idea...