Options

Event ID 20010 - Error receving Backend private key

bergzbergz Member Posts: 4
edited 2008-06-11 in Navision e-Commerce
I'm currently experiencing the above error in my event log whenever i attempt to start up my NAS Server. I've configured the service account with the service and have also given that user access to NAV and have properly configured the NAS Server details.

I now receive the following error in my event log when i attempt to start the service. It reads as follows:

The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( SBS-SQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Error receving Backend private key.

I've tried creating a backend key through Navision, however whenever I do so I get the following error message:

Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server defined by GUID xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Automation Server: Unknown class.
Check that the OLE control or Automation Server is correctly installed and registered.

Can any of you shine any light on this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jon

Comments

• Options
    rsebsarsebsa Member Posts: 9
    Sounds like you are missing or have not registered a DLL or OCX,
    try compiling all the objects and the one in error should show up.

Note , you may have some objects that wont compile i.e the manufacturing Gantt chart one if you have not setup the client with the gannt chart options when you installed

Rob
    LARecom E-Commerce Framework for Dynamics NAV , Coming Soon ...
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Do not forget to install Employee Portal package when installing client. Try to run the setup once again and select "Modify" and check which packages you have installed.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    shibilyshibily Member Posts: 89
    Hi all
    I am getting the same error what bergz got . I reinstalled the emplyee portal once again. Then also i am getting the same. What might the reason?

Shibily
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

this is really easy to fix.

Go to NAV, open the NEP setup form and create the backend key pair.
    Then restart the NAS.

HTH,
    Rainer
  • Options
    shibilyshibily Member Posts: 89
    IHateLinux wrote:
    Hi,

this is really easy to fix.

Go to NAV, open the NEP setup form and create the backend key pair.
    Then restart the NAS.

HTH,
    Rainer

Thank you.

It solved my issue. :D
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi shibily,

thanks for the information. Can you please then update the topic and put the [SOLVED] in front.

Thanks.

Rainer