Options

SQL Server and OLAP For Navision

StefanieStefanie Member Posts: 2
edited 2000-01-19 in Navision Financials
Normally, these version (SQL for Navision) allows to create the database in SQL Server 7.0,
after it's possible to create some OLAP cubes, but I never succeed in.

I explain my situation :

First, I had a problem with the TIMESTAMP field :

When I want to export my database from Navision (version 2.01)TO SQL For Navision (version
2.50).The database is correctly exported to SQL but a field Timestamp is created in all the table as a first key.
After, when I want to create a cube in OLAP Services, every link between the table is generated automatically between these fiels timestamp. My OLAP Cube is not valable
because these links are false. I'm stopped there.

Now with the new version of SQL For Navision, the Timestamp problem seems to be resolute.
But when I want to generate my cube, I have these message :

"it's impossible to open the Table CRONUS France SA of the database ....."

Have you got some informations about the way to create some cubes? Have you got these problems? If is the case, how do you resolve?

Comments

• Options
    Lars_WestmanLars_Westman Member Posts: 116
    Hi Stephanie

I did same labs with OLAP Server and a C/SIDE database some months ago. One thing I discovered is that You have to create a table with dates structured in the way that the date tables in the same way as in example files shipped with MS OLAP Server.

You have to decide in what way to insert records in this table. Perhaps when You set up accounting periods?

After created the table it MSOLAP worked fine togehter with Navision on C/SIDE. We are now running on SQL Server but we have not Yet testet OLAP Server together with the Navision data in the SQL Server.

I don't know if that was an answer to Your question....

//Lars Westman