Options

Employee portal and 5 companies

crx1983crx1983 Member Posts: 4
edited 2008-05-17 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi
Can i use employee portal with many companies? I've talked with friend and he told me that one employee portal can be used for one company... is it true?

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    That is true. You could set up 5 EP's and link them all together in one master Sharepoint site, but EP, just like NAV, gives you access to one company only.
  • Options
    DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
    Can you Elaborate this more? It may solve my issue also. I have two Clients (Different Databases) have EP Installed Can I use Different database on Sharepoint site. For ex. If i click on Customer Card of A Databse Data should move to A Company and if I click on Customer Card of B database data Should move to B Company.

How can i do this?
  • Options
    Those will be different employee Portal implementations, which would both go into their own databases.
  • Options
    DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
    How can we do that? Can we do that by installing two nas with different configuration? Will it work fine?
  • Options
    You install everything more than once. So say you need two EP's, in that case you create two sharepoint sites (either two servers with one each, or put both on one server, just make sure you can keep them apart), you install two NAS instances, one for each company. Then in NAV, you set up the EP parameters according to the installation manual, and that should work.

Read the installation manual, you'll find lots of information.