Options

Spam @ Mibuso? / Developers Toolkit

MaximusMaximus Member Posts: 105
edited 2008-05-17 in General Chat
Hi,

today I received the message below as a private message in my Mibuso Inbox. Should I consider this to be spam?

Anyway, Vijay, if you are for real, please post questions like this in the forum and don't send private messages to random people asking questions that can easliy be found by searching the forum.

Developers Toolkit can be found on the Navision Install CD or here: http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=837

To: Maximus
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:22 pm
Subject: Hi
Hi

Can you let me know where i can find Developers tool Kit. The project is about to go live next week, i have increased the text for Customer,Vendor and item.. i face lot of problem now. Could you please help it out

Thank and regards

Vijay

Comments

• Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Oh, i've got also this "SPAM". And some other like this from Ravi_Thakkar.

Subject: Related to Zone selection in Warehouse Management System

Hello Everybody....

In Warehouse Management System,
    1) Can anybody explain me that For putting away items, how program suggest about Zones and then bins...?

If anybody knows then pls reply me the appropriate solution...

And this pm's worries :evil:
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    User probably just clicked on the wrong button. Instead of New Topic, they clicked on PM.

You have to blame Luc for not making the user interface clearer. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    As Alex says its a very common mistake on PHPBB for users to hit the PM instead of the Reply button.

I would not consider it as spam. And I do get a few of these from time to time, I generally just reply and tell the poster that they hit the wrong button.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I don' think they pressed the wrong button. The reply-button is on top (and on the bottom) of the page, while the pm-button is visible in every answer.

They must be just desparate to get an answer. Some even create a mibuso.com blog to post their question #-o

My signature shows how I'm dealing with those kind of pm's.

We should move this thread to the "General Chat" forum ...
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
    [Topic moved from Navision to General Chat forum]
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I don' think they pressed the wrong button. The reply-button is on top (and on the bottom) of the page, while the pm-button is visible in every answer.

They must be just desparate to get an answer. Some even create a mibuso.com blog to post their question #-o

My signature shows how I'm dealing with those kind of pm's.

We should move this thread to the "General Chat" forum ...

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt :mrgreen:

Of course i also get a lot that are clearly addressed to me directly, and I consider those as spam. Those I delete with out reading.

Also re-reading the posts above, I think that Maximus' PM could be actual spam, (Starting as Hi) but Garak's does look like a mistake, since it was addressed to "everyone".

Obviously I agree that definite spammers should be banned immediately and not given a second chance.

I must say though (and I really do know how hard it is to manage spammers), that you (Luc) do a great job of spam management. Keep it up.
    David Singleton