Options

Convergence and User Group Summits

ADB1179ADB1179 Member Posts: 12
edited 2008-05-14 in General Chat
Have any of you ever attended a Dynamic Communities user group summit? I'm curious as to how these differ from Convergence.
Adam Berezin
MSDynamicsWorld.com

Comments

• Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Well, actually .. I'm (together with Mr. Mibuso Luc Van Dyck) quite involved in the Belgian Dynamics Community (http://www.dynamicscom.be). We have organised our first "evening" with some sessions about NAV2009 and stuff.

Furthermore, I've attended Directions EMEA and Directions US, which are both quite community-oreinted.

To conclude, I attended 3 Convergences.

(Jeez ... summing that all up .. I'm a freak! :shock:) ... (the word you're looking for is ... "anyway" ...)

The main difference is that Convergence = Microsoft, and the rest = NOT. And you can see, feel, hear, smell it when you're attending. Also a big difference is the fact that Convergence is Dynamics ... while a community event is usually only ONE of the Dynamics Products (with NAV being the most interesting one, off course :)).

If you want to know what's going on in the NAV world, don't go to Convergence. If you want to know where MS is aiming and going at ... go to Convergence.

Hope this answers your question...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    ADB1179ADB1179 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the clarification Eric. I appreciate it.
    Adam Berezin
    MSDynamicsWorld.com
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    No prob, Adam. on my blog you can read some "diary" posts during my presence on those conventions. It might give you a better idea.

Keep up the good work with your site!

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog