Options

Navision License

teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
Dear Experts,
As i noted navision has 2 kind of license called 001(Navision Professional) and 002(Navision Standard).
May i know where can i get the details about the different between the licenses? Because one of my client wish to purchase a license which can the change report layout...so which license he should go for?
Plz advise...thx in advance

Cheer,
teckpoh

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You are selling NAV licenses and you do not know the difference? Sorry, but for me it seems that you missed some basic information for your job... [-X

Try to search on PartnerSource for basic license documentation.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    teckpoh wrote:
    Dear Experts,
    As i noted navision has 2 kind of license called 001(Navision Professional) and 002(Navision Standard).
    May i know where can i get the details about the different between the licenses? Because one of my client wish to purchase a license which can the change report layout...so which license he should go for?

Cheer,
    teckpoh

Please this is soooo wrong. It is just not what forums are about. The cost to your client of messing this up could be huge.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Exactly what my BLOG is talking about... :(

Unfortunately yes.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    AbacusAbacus Member Posts: 4
    The BRL license which is the new way of licensing can be sold as basic or advanced. the basic is for smaller organizations which require less functionality. Both come with some bundled modules and you can add ala carte modules on top but the choice of ala carte modules is less in basic for example, WH and manufacturing are only available with adv. Refer to price list for exact details of modules.
  • Options
    selece28selece28 Member Posts: 316
    teckpoh wrote:
    Dear Experts,

Cheer,
    teckpoh

Please this is soooo wrong. It is just not what forums are about. The cost to your client of messing this up could be huge.

Yes I agree with you David, but still i know one client that buy own developing license to customize NAV theirself. They just hire consultant to advice them. Bad idea, i think...

Regards,
    Steven
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    But this is not about the customer, let him develop own modifications. It is about partners which knows nothing about the licensing model which is base of their work...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    hawwahawwa Member Posts: 106
    This is a question that really shouldn't be asked by partner. Anyway, The edition comparison is available in
    http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/nav/p ... tures.mspx

Based on the edition comparison table in Microsoft website, I think both basic and advanced edition can change report layout as asked by the original poster. Correct me if I am wrong as I am an end user and still using the granular based licensing. Intended to change to the new Advanced Management licensing but my partner advised us not to do so.
    =P~
  • Options
    kennyhohkennyhoh Member Posts: 10
    Poh

u ask the wrong thing in the wrong place. Ask your sales person, they should know the best #-o