Options

Commerce Portal with Commerce Server 2007?

oukéouké Member Posts: 6
edited 2008-04-29 in Navision e-Commerce
Hey,

is a migration from an existing website with Commerce Portal and Commerce Server 2002 to Commerce Server 2007 possible?

Of course you have to rewirte the existing asp pages to asp.net. But would Commerce Portal work with Commerce Server 2007 in general?

thanks a lot

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Some people would argue that it 'works' at all :mrgreen:

The last time Commerce Portal was on the product CD was with 3.70, so for sure it is not a supported solution. Maybe someone got it to work, but I seriously doubt that it will be easy.
  • Options
    bruno77bruno77 Member Posts: 62
    Works fine, you need to write your own Navision Commerce Portal synchronization service though, since the "old" one uses the old Commerce Server API for synching products and users.

Regards,

Bruno

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/erp/smb
  • Options
    rsebsarsebsa Member Posts: 9
    [Advertising text removed by Moderator.]
    Please use the 3th Party Products, Services & Events forum for this kind of advertising.
    LARecom E-Commerce Framework for Dynamics NAV , Coming Soon ...
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [SPAM/Advertising is not allowed]
    Please see Forum Rule #9: Forum Rules.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    rsebsarsebsa Member Posts: 9
    kriki wrote:

Rule 9 says members will be warned which no one did, besides I was just trying to help.

So ..

I have had cause to invesitigate , re-write parts of the sync modules and services, please feel free to post a carefully worded reply if I can be of any assistance which is all i was trying to do

:oops:
    LARecom E-Commerce Framework for Dynamics NAV , Coming Soon ...
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    rsebsa wrote:
    kriki wrote:

Rule 9 says members will be warned which no one did, besides I was just trying to help.

So ..

I have had cause to invesitigate , re-write parts of the sync modules and services, please feel free to post a carefully worded reply if I can be of any assistance which is all i was trying to do

:oops:

I deleted this because it seemed to me that you were try to sell/advertise your product. Lately we have some posts were the message is so formulated, we wonder it is a post just for helping or for selling a product.

Sometimes (like in your case) it was a genuine post. My excuses for this. I hope you don't take it personal.

BTW: There was a warning:
    It came under the form of a PM, generated by the reporting function.
    I always write a reply to the post in case there is no report. This reply also generates an email that you receive, informing you that something has been done to the topic.

We seldom send PM's or emails to inform the posters. We try to limit ourselves to these "soft" warnings. In case of people who do not a "soft" warning, we send "hard" warning under the form of a PM or an email. Luckily this has happened very few times.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!