Options

NLB for NAS & Commerce Gateway Request Server Compabilit

mandykmandyk Member Posts: 57
edited 2008-04-22 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi Guys,

Any Idea if NAS and commerce gateway Request server able to runs under W2K3 Network Load Balancing? Any advice on this. thanks!

And if NAS or commerce gateway request server response client request, does it's response flowing out from Local Server IP address or from shared(virtual) IP address? :-k
The basic question is, does it matter from which IP address ?? #-o

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Few days I had tested the Commerce Gateway Server component in NLB environment. It is failed & negative result
    The scenario are in muliple servers environment:
    1 pair of host servers for database sql, using windows clustering,
    1 pair of host servers for biztalk, using NLB to balance the job
    1 pair of host servers for NAS, Nav client, using NLB to balance the job

Sending Message from Navision client (CG request client) to Biztalk thru Commerce Gateway Server directly to IP host server of biztalk server is sucessfully BUT not to Virtual IP address. in NLB manager i had open all the port range. It is seem when you have more 1 network adapter, the CGRS service seem bond to one local IP address and not virtual IP.

Dear fellow friends, ever try that above at home or any of your project before?? pleeease help [-o<

Next test scenario:
    Sending message from biztalk to NAS thru CGRS. if I am using virtual IP instead of host IP server in sending port of bizalk, Will it work?? :?:
    I have bad feeling about this :cry: .

Does Navision biztalk solution and MS Biztalk 2006 are NLB aware or compatible?? :whistle:
  • Options
    Dear Reader,

Some conclusion update:

1. Nav & Commerce Gateway is not supported by NLB.

2. For Biztalk side is depend on the adapter and the associate system.
    For my case, I am integrating SAP and Biztalk and use SAP adapter ver 2.01. Thus having MS NLB cluster just complicate the HA solution. SAP & SAP adapter has its own load balancing mechanism (round robin fashion) and gotta enable Biztalk Group option for multihost run as active/active..

3. Standard CG Nav, Navision outbound is sent from Nav client.
    We have done customization to make it run as NAS, it's nice thing with some little draw back point and that is due Navision weak on error handling things.

4. Now because I have two active Biztalk out there and I only could have one static IP configured in Nav which is mean my solution is rely on one Biztalk host. Load Balance them or auto swing it, it something I will explore it out..

5. NAS & NAS CG broker work on MSCS clustering?? soon I will try it..

Note:
    above is my own testing result and meant for sharing information only.
    O:)