Options

Duplicate records

RoelofRoelof Member Posts: 377
Hi,

I have a problem. One of our clients has by accident duplicate customers. I want to get rid of the duplicates and bring all the related entries back to the primary customer. Has anyone did this before ore maybe someone wrote a spinfix? The version is 3.60.

Thanks.

Roelof de Jong.
Roelof de Jonghttp://www.wye.com

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    how many customers & how many entries are we talking about here? :?:

if it's small you could just make journal entries to move credit , invoices & payment to the correct customer# & do the reverse to the customer # you want to close.

if you want to have sales line data you can copy document the credits & invoices to the correct customer # & close out the atl. cust# (don't forget to block it once your done)
  • Options
    Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    if it's small you could just make journal entries to move credit , invoices & payment to the correct customer# & do the reverse to the customer # you want to close.

if you want to have sales line data you can copy document the credits & invoices to the correct customer # & close out the atl. cust# (don't forget to block it once your done)

Good answer, if only all clients thought of using the standard ways :roll:

Reading between the lines, I believe that Roelof is looking for a solution that actually moves things like Item ledger entries, customer ledger entries etc from Duplicate Customer #1 to Customer #1.

My Suggestion is DONT DO IT and recommend VERY STRONGLY (with their arm twisted behind thier backs :twisted: ) to follow the advice of Savatage.

Dean. :D
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • Options
    naveenjainnaveenjain Member Posts: 7
    I did this for couple of my clients. We end-up writing code to do this.