Options

Navision Cron Engine

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
edited 2004-09-01 in Download section
Navision Cron Engine
Just put cron.lanzarCrones() in main Menu timer with 60000 timer interval and you have "unix like" crones in navision. Great !!

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=167

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Guest Posts: 137
    Cron is normaly on the server .....
    Here you have...?!?
  • Options
    nymannyman Member Posts: 19
    Not on Financials 2.01A ... or I can't find it ...
    There is no way to Linux. Linux is the way !
  • Options
    Jeff_FierceJeff_Fierce Member Posts: 32
    Has anyone got this to work? I've tried but i am puzzled by the following usage hint: "In main menu, write a timer with timer interval property = 60000 with crons.launchCrons(); at ontimer trigger."

I would like to call three codeunits every 15 minutes without opening the Navi Client. Working with 3.70.
  • Options
    Has anyone got this to work? I've tried but i am puzzled by the following usage hint: "In main menu, write a timer with timer interval property = 60000 with crons.launchCrons(); at ontimer trigger."

I would like to call three codeunits every 15 minutes without opening the Navi Client. Working with 3.70.

As I know, 3.70 has its own object launcher ... ( I think ).
    Anyway, "cron engine" needs a client running ( i.e. on server ) because the only way you can put a timer in financials is on a form ...
    I have a client with a generic user running on the same server navision server is.
  • Options
    Yes, 3.70 has it's own launcher and totally stupid is that there must be alsways an open Navision Client. I misunderstood cron and thought there have to be no client open.

For certain reasons an always opened client is not possible in the current environment.
  • Options
    So ... what do you propose for financials 2.01A ???
    Yes, 3.70 has it's own launcher and totally stupid is that there must be alsways an open Navision Client. I misunderstood cron and thought there have to be no client open.

For certain reasons an always opened client is not possible in the current environment.
  • Options
    I propose a cron engine, which is running as system service and wich is able to do every task i can do by clickclickclick.

I recently tried out several low level macro progs but that is stupid, security-wise. Did not work right anyway.

We recently got another report wich must be run at night. The only thing is "... that there must be always a Navi Client open".

It is not possible to leave a client open because the "slave.exe" process won't close and write back data in this environment (TS 2003, 3.70) if a client is open. Navision is spawning new slave.exe's as soon as it's cache is reached. At the end you'll get 5 slave.exe a 900 MB, all memory stuffed up, pagefile full, server inaccessible, DB and system will then lock up and die.
  • Options
    ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    You are saying that the cache buffer (on the server) will only be flushed when the last session quits?