Options

Applied Item Entries for Average Cost

spycraftspycraft Member Posts: 66
I just discovered that the Applied Item Entries is not available for Average costing method.

Any impact if I modify and use this to identify which Purchase entry that the Sales transaction apply from

Tks.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Item Application Entry is available for Average costing method. There is connection between sales and purchase in these entries... and "don't modify this table" - else cost adjustment will be wrong (you can only add new fields etc.).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    spycraftspycraft Member Posts: 66
    Hi Kine, Tks for ur reply.

I am aware that the Item Application entry is available for the Average Costing Method, however when we click Application and then choose Applied Entries from Item Ledger Entries window, system will show nothing. And this only happened for item with Average Costing method.

So I just wondering if there is any specific reason or rather just a hiccup on the filtering
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems, that there is some conditions in codeunit 5801 that prevent entires to be showen.

1) there is condition for negative entries, that applied entries must have "Cost application" = true

2) if the entry is positive, must AppliedQty * ItemLedgEntry.Quantity be >= 0 where AppliedQty is Quantity from Item application entry - in most cases this is negative and the entry is skipped.

I am not consultant and I don't know the reason for this. But may be this is correct, or it can be bug.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.