Problem with window in window

GnovaldGnovald Member Posts: 67
edited 2008-04-07 in NAV Tips & Tricks
Hi all!

A whole different kind of question than the usuall Navision related question!

Does anyone knows if there is a way to access the system meny within the main Navision window? The system meny is the menu under the small program icon in the top-left corner of any main program window. But there is also a system menu on each and aeveryone of the individual windows, or panes, inside the main window. You can access the system menu with the keyboard shortcut ALT+SPACE keys. But this will only work in the main program window!!!

In Navision I have a couple of times had a customer that has messed up the posision of the different windows inside the main Navision window. For an exemple the Main Menu window - when that is not maximized, sometimes the blue titlelist is hidden under the menu section of the main window. So the customer can't reach the titlelist with the cursor and then move the window.

The only solution so far is to delete the SUP file, but that is not an option in every case!

Anyone has another solution, or have the shortcut key combination!

Regards

/Gnovald

Comments

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    Gnovald,

On the form properties:

[AutoPosition]: CenterScreen

Or set the location in design and change...

[SavePosAndSize]: No

(Although I'm not sure on the latter half)

Basically your coworker or whomever can just hit Escape if he is unable to view the form any longer, trigger it to re-open, and he should see the form again.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Kowa described how to get the window menu for partially hidden windows... look there: http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12023
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Gnovald wrote:
    Hi all!

A whole different kind of question than the usuall Navision related question!

Does anyone knows if there is a way to access the system meny within the main Navision window? The system meny is the menu under the small program icon in the top-left corner of any main program window. But there is also a system menu on each and aeveryone of the individual windows, or panes, inside the main window. You can access the system menu with the keyboard shortcut ALT+SPACE keys. But this will only work in the main program window!!!

In Navision I have a couple of times had a customer that has messed up the posision of the different windows inside the main Navision window. For an exemple the Main Menu window - when that is not maximized, sometimes the blue titlelist is hidden under the menu section of the main window. So the customer can't reach the titlelist with the cursor and then move the window.

The only solution so far is to delete the SUP file, but that is not an option in every case!

Anyone has another solution, or have the shortcut key combination!

Regards

/Gnovald

ALT + - (hold down left ALT and the minus key at the same time)
    ALT space (hold down left ALT and the SPACE key at the same time)
    David Singleton
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    use ALT and Minus for moving the navision form.
    use Alt and Space to move the Navision Application form.

regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • GnovaldGnovald Member Posts: 67
    Thanks alot! I learned something new today :)

/Gnovald
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to Navision Tips & Tricks forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!