Options

Restoring backup error (NAV 4.0 sp3)

mama Member Posts: 23
edited 2008-04-07 in NAV Tips & Tricks
Hi everybody,

have you ever met such problem: I am restoring the backup xxx.fbk (big one, 2 Gb) and when indicator reaches 100% there is an error: "File xxx.fbk was not found". Happens in both cases when I restore only application objects and the whole backup.

What can be the problem about?

Answers

• Options
    JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Hi, When you create backup that has more than 2 GB there is more than one file *.fbk.

I think you miss second file (must be in the same catalog when restore backup)

Regards
  • Options
    mama Member Posts: 23
    JedrzejT, thank you a lot. With the second part of the backup it worked out.
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    JedrzejT wrote:
    Hi, When you create backup that has more than 2 GB there is more than one file *.fbk.

Regards

Cool, I did not know this yet. This could be possibly moved to navision tips. :)
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Tomas wrote:
    JedrzejT wrote:

Regards

Cool, I did not know this yet. This could be possibly moved to navision tips. :)
    Your wish is my command! :D

[Topic moved from Navision forum to Navision Tips & Tricks forum]

BTW : you can use the reporting functionality (the red ! at the right of the post) also for this kind of things. With this we find the post faster (and otherwise it is also possible we DON'T find it).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!