Options

Outlook E-Mail Integration

smonsmon Member Posts: 7
Hallo Everybody,

I've got a problem with outgoing Mail in Navision 3.7.
When use the Mail Button from a Contact to start Outlook the rules
to to copy a "sent Mail" to another Folder doesent work. But this is nescessary to make automatically a copy to the Queue Folder, for that the Dispatcher is able to make a link for this "sent Mail".
Does anybody know a solution or having a hotfix that the "outlook rules" are working when starting from a contact.

I'm not looking for "work arounds", like sent a BCC to a "Dummy USER" or copy the mail by hand to the Queue folder to get a "Yes" int the attachmant Field of the Interaction Log Entry, like it is describe in the " White Paper".

With Best Regards

SMON

Comments

• Options
    i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    There are two possibilities. To crate such a rules on exchange server or create a different type of rules. If you are using Office 2003 then it can be done in such way: Rules and Alerts -> New rule -> Start from a blank rule ->Check message after sending ->...
  • Options
    Hallo,

this was not realy my Question. I know how to create rules in Outlook 2003.

In this case (to start sending a Mail from Navision) the rule you describe doesn't work.
    Maybe it depends on the fact that such a rule is only a client rule or it depends on the programmcode of the automation controller?

So I'm still looking for a Solution.

SMON
  • Options
    i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    Yes, it is a client rule. Another solution is to manage this on Exchange server and i think it is the best.
  • Options
    Hi,

do you know exactly how I' ve to configure the exchange Server?

Best Regards

SMON
  • Options
    PrebenRasmussenPrebenRasmussen Member Posts: 137
    1. Open "Exchange System Manager".
    2. Choose properties of "Mailbox Store". (Servers/Servername/First Storage Group/Mailbox Store)
    3. Check the box "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store".
    4. Insert the public "Queue" folder by browsing.

That's all!
  • Options
    Hallo,

thank you for your answer.
    Do you know what happens with all the mails in the archieve.
    Did I understand you right that we have then every Mail twice on the Exchange Server.
    Maybe we get problems, because of
    having an overflow in the archieve folder or a traffic on the
    exchange Server.

Thanks

Stefan
  • Options
    PrebenRasmussenPrebenRasmussen Member Posts: 137
    It stays in the Archive folder forever. And it should! because there's a link to the mails from Interaction Log Entries in Navision.

To clean up, you should create a function in Navision to delete the link and/or the Interaction Log Entry.