Options

Phpbb3

DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
edited 2008-01-21 in Feedback
PHPBB3 just came out, are there any plans to upgrade?

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Yes, there are plans to upgrade. The project hasn't been started yet. First something else needs to be initiated ...
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Make sure that any new mods you want to apply have a phpBB3 version :) I spent hours putting in a theme that didn't work on version 3.
  • Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    DenSter wrote:
    Make sure that any new mods you want to apply have a phpBB3 version :) I spent hours putting in a theme that didn't work on version 3.
    All MODs and Styles designed for phpBB2 will not work on phpBB3 because everything has changed.
    Here you will find many offical released MODs and here you will find many many styles for phpBB3.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Yes, there are plans to upgrade. The project hasn't been started yet. First something else needs to be initiated ...

And whatwould that be :-k ...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Sorry, but I was referring to the blog feature ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    :mrgreen:
    (sorry, couldn't resist)

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    Yes, there are plans to upgrade. The project hasn't been started yet.
    You don't need to hurry up. This version is stable, secure and still supported.
    I know many admins which are running phpBB2 with many MODs and will upgrade to phpBB3 in H2 2008 at the earliest because they must wait for and/or develop the MODs which they use today.
    I also planned to upgrade my community but because I'm not able to develop phpBB MODs, I must wait for them.
    If the most important MODs are released, I have to expand the converter script and then I could start the upgrade.
    As you see, such an upgrade needs time and patience.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]