Options

login box - how to keep it from disappearing?

orbitalsalmonorbitalsalmon Member Posts: 33
In our Navision when a user mistypes his login information in the login box, it will give an error then disappear leaving a blank grey screen. I know that all the user has to do is click on the navision icon on the upper right to get the box back, but is there a way to keep that login box from disappearing after the error message?

salmon

Comments

• Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    no.

Btw, how many times the users mistypes ? how hard is it to click once ?
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    orbitalsalmonorbitalsalmon Member Posts: 33
    The question was posed as a convenience issue. Every app I've worked with that has required the user to login doesn't have a problem like this. It's only logical to keep the login screen up for the user in case they make a mistake and need to retype without having to "click once" no matter how easy this action is. It's just simply annoying that Navision can't do this one simple thing.

Can anyone say, "user friendly" ?
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    I agree with you about user friendliness, but that's what we live with... (Sorry I'm little bit sarcastic today)

Maybe someone else knows the reason for this behaviour. I don't belive that it hasn't been reported to Navision already in the early days.
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    If "click once" is a "problem", press F12.

Handling security is something backed in the C/SIDE environment. You can develop the navision application using C/SIDE, but you can't develop C/SIDE itself.

And you know how much time Denmark has put into the C/SIDE environment :wink:

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog