Options

SQL Security model and synchronization question

KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
edited 2007-12-13 in SQL General
Am I doing something wrong or does the SQL server version of Dynamics NAV 4.0 users need both db-owner and public right for to be able to log on the Database?

Or is there a way to go around not giving the db-owner rights to a user :roll:
K.S.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Of course you do not need to be db-owner. But you need to run "Synchronize all" function to have correctly set permissions, if you are using "Extended Security model" (see last tab in File - Database - Alter... dialog). I recommend to use NAV 4.00SP3 and Standard security model...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    Of course you do not need to be db-owner. But you need to run "Synchronize all" function to have correctly set permissions, if you are using "Extended Security model" (see last tab in File - Database - Alter... dialog). I recommend to use NAV 4.00SP3 and Standard security model...

Cheers
    K.S.
  • Options
    Hmm this makes me think:
    Why there isn't any help page for the Security Model option?
    You can change it to Standard and Enhanced but there is no mention in the MBS training material nor ADG pdf...

Or then its very well hidden, even the Nav 4.0 SP3 whats this or the help index wont list it. :-k
    K.S.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    Can you change the title into something more descriptive? The "SQL General"-forum is by definition for general "SQL Questions".
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Kisu wrote:
    Hmm this makes me think:
    Why there isn't any help page for the Security Model option?
    You can change it to Standard and Enhanced but there is no mention in the MBS training material nor ADG pdf...

Or then its very well hidden, even the Nav 4.0 SP3 whats this or the help index wont list it. :-k

It is not in on-line help but it is in "Security Synchronization in Navision 4.0 SP3.doc" document in DOC folder of the install CD.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:

It is not in on-line help but it is in "Security Synchronization in Navision 4.0 SP3.doc" document in DOC folder of the install CD.

Thanks I'll check that doc.
    K.S.