Options

Unable to open PM message

kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
edited 2007-11-09 in Feedback
Hello,

I have got answer from Kriki about post I reported as miss-posted and I am unable to open it. When I click on it in my Inbox, the redirection page opened and I am redirected back to my Inbox.
Kamil Sacek
MVP - Dynamics NAV
My BLOG
NAVERTICA a.s.

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    I checked the pm of kine in my outbox and have the same problem.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    I tried it with my (already read) PMs (also from kriki) about reported posts and have no problems.
    It seems that this message could be corrupted.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    There was a sync-problem between the privmsgs and the privmsgs_text table. I have created a new record with messagetext "<Unrecoverable Message>" for this message. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Thanks, no problem, because ït is not important message... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    hahahahahaha that is funny :mrgreen:

By the way I had the same issue a while ago with a reply from Alain to a report.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    kine wrote:
    Hello,

I have got answer from Kriki about post I reported as miss-posted and I am unable to open it. When I click on it in my Inbox, the redirection page opened and I am redirected back to my Inbox.

This is what's happening today to me.
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    kine wrote:
    Hello,

This is what's happening today to me.
    Just a wild guess: I think this could happen if I deleted the post (like job offerings in the wrong forum). But it shouldn't happen when I moved the post to another forum.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• Options
    Now I have this problem too.
    I have 1 unread message in my PM Inbox but if I click on it, the forum always redirects me to my inbox instead to open the message.
    Luc, can you check the database table for the private messages?
    Thanks.
    Timo Lässer
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Timo, the message text could not be recovered. But it only was the status update of your "Report Post" action for the topic titled "Problem".
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Timo, the message text could not be recovered. But it only was the status update of your "Report Post" action for the topic titled "Problem".
    Thanks. I know that the message wasn't important but I wanted to avoid that more and more PMs will be corrupted if the reason for that has been an error in the table.
    Timo Lässer
  • Options
    Thanks. I know that the message wasn't important but I wanted to avoid that more and more PMs will be corrupted if the reason for that has been an error in the table.
    And I can confirm this kind of problem comes up when the status of the report is changed and the post in which it was reported is deleted.
    I also have had this problem a few times and each time it was because the post was deleted.
    I just don't remember if it happens if also the report on that post is deleted (happens automatically when we enter the reporting-section) or also before the report is deleted.

Small update (just tested it out):it does not always happen.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion