unable to logon client user only sa account gets through

danieladdanielad Member Posts: 2
edited 2007-10-08 in Dynamics GP
I have installed the Great Plains Client Application on my desktop and configured the ODBC drive to connect to the SQL Server with sa account and with default database as being the GP company database.

When I open Great Plains with my user account I get a message saying "The Login failed. Attempt to log on again or contact your System Administrator".

I have no problem loggin on to GP from the GP server with this specific user account, only when I try to connect to it from a client GP.

In addition if I enter the sa account in the GP client logon screen I am able to logon. This seems to be the only account that allows access to GP from the client application.

Any ideas? Thank you so much for your input!

Comments

• Joseph_Abou_NaderJoseph_Abou_Nader Member Posts: 150
    Hi...

It seems the user you are using to login from the client machine has permission restrictions or the ODBC is corrupted in a way.

First, try to change the name of the ODBC and try to log on, then make sure you run the script grant sql to give the user access to the DYNGRP.

Hope this solves your problem

Good Luck
    Joseph Abou Nader
    MCLC,MCT,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,MCP
    You will never know what power you have until you take decisions in a hard time.