Options

NAV2013 and Win 8 Service NAV71 Server don't start on local

hanssonnihanssonni Member Posts: 8
edited 2013-11-25 in NAV Three Tier
Hi
I want to look at NAV 2013 and trying to install the demo version.
The server will not start for me, see below. SQL Express 2012 starts and is up and running with "Demo Database NAV (7-0)"

"Microsoft Dynamics NAV Build 33781
Error Report
Server
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server Components
Ett allvarligt fel inträffade under installationen. (fatal error)

Service 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server [DynamicsNAV70]' (MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV70) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services"

I have tried different Service Accounts and I have tried to run the install as Administrator.

/Nils

Comments

• Options
    I made an uninstall and tested the NAV 2013 R2 (downloaded from here at mibuso).
    Made an upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro Media Center before the new install.

Same error code but more text.
    "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Build 35473
    Error Report
    Server
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server Components
    Ett allvarligt fel inträffade under installationen.

The service 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server [DynamicsNAV71]' (MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV71) failed to start. This can be caused by one of several issues. For example, the password for the account that runs the service may be incorrect, or there could be a conflict in port sharing for the port settings for the service, or you have specified that the port for the server should be opened in the Windows firewall even though the Windows firewall is not enabled on the computer. For more information, see the event viewer."

Windows Installer:
    Configuring package. Id = 'ServiceTier'
    MSI log file set to: C:\Users\Nils\AppData\Local\Temp\setup.wix.msi.1a.log
    Windows Installer: Error: Service 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server [DynamicsNAV71]' (MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV71) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
    Done configuring package. Id = 'ServiceTier' ReturnCode = 1603

MSI log file:
    MSI (s) (94:D0) [17:59:37:393]: Product: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 Server -- Error 1920. Service 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server [DynamicsNAV71]' (MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV71) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
    Error 1920. Service 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server [DynamicsNAV71]' (MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV71) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I really want to look at NAV 2013. Always worked with Classic before.

/Nils
  • Options
    Jens_M-PJens_M-P Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 39
    Have you checked the event log (Event Viewer on the server). It may contain more information.
    Best regards,
    Jens Møller-Pedersen [MSFT]

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    Hi again
    Yes I have checked the event log.
    The only error is 1920.
    In the system log you can se that the service is installed 13:49:28.
    But according to the program log 13:49:49 the service failed to start, error code 1920.

See the log (in Swedish) below.

System 13:49:28
    En tjänst installerades på systemet.

Tjänstens namn: Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server [DynamicsNAV71]
    Tjänstens filnamn: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\71\Service\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe" $DynamicsNAV71 /config "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\71\Service\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe.config"
    Typ av tjänst: användarlägestjänst
    Startmetod: automatisk start
    Tjänstkonto: NT instans\Nätverkstjänst

Program log 13:49:49
    Product: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 Server -- Error 1920. Service 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server [DynamicsNAV71]' (MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV71) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

Best Regards
    Nils Hansson
  • Options
    Hi
    Now I came a bit longer.
    The error code is 1068, Cant start the services Microsoft Dynamics [DynamicsNAV71] on local computer.

Best Regards
    /Nils
  • Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Can you please check the service dependencies of the? Maybe something has been set up by mistake.
    I've never face this problem, but the logon user shouldn't be under "NT AUTHORITY", am I right?
  • Options
    Hi
    Yes from the Config.xml
    <Parameter Id="NavServiceServerName" Value="localhost"/>
    <Parameter Id="NavServiceInstanceName" Value="DummyDynamicsNAV71"/>
    <Parameter Id="NavServiceAccount" Value="NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE"/>
    <Parameter Id="NavServiceAccountPassword" Value="" IsHidden="yes"/>

And the dependencies is HTTP Service

/Nils
  • Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Can you please give a try changing in this way the NavServiceAccount parameter?

<Parameter Id="NavServiceAccount" Value="NT AUTHORITY\Nätverkstjänst"/>
  • Options
    Its the same account
    "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" and "NT Service\Nätverkstjänst". Just an alias in Swedish.

/Nils
  • Options
    Thanks for your answer's.
    I have solved it.

It must be a local account whit administrative rights - not a NT Service account.

I change it in the Microsoft Dynamics Nav Server Console.