Error: A 'packet' has been corrupted (a checksum error).

doudounedoudoune Member Posts: 2
hello,
I want to migarte my Nav server 2009 to a new one ( faster) so i installed the new one ( the first one is already exist) but the clients can't connect the new one ( they can connect to the old one which is in the same LAN). the error is:

The network is not functioning correctly. A 'packet' has been corrupted (a checksum error).This error indicates that the network is not completely reliable. Please note how often this type of error occurs in the network.Contact your system manager...

I can connect to the new server From the old server (with classic client) without any problemn . Have you any idea?

Thansk in advance,

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Not sure what you mean by NAV server? Is this three tier and you actually mean the NAV Server, or do you mean NAV Native server, or maybe even SQL?

If what you mean is the NAV Native database server, (which seems most logical) then this is an issue you need to resolve. The Native server does additional check sum tests on top of what ever your TCP/IP network is doing and has found an error. If you don't fix it, the most likely out come is a corrupt database, which can be a big job to sort out.

I am not sure if NETTEST is still available, but if so you can use this as a starting point. In your case since it happened with a new server, there is a good chance (if you are lucky) that the issue is with the network controller or maybe a switch related to that server. But it could be just about anything.

I had one customer with this issue and after over a month of searching it turned out to be a faulty printer that was used to print Auto cad documents and had no connection with Navision what so ever. One customer the issue was untraceable, and eventually they had to move to SQL as the only way to solve it. (Actually they wanted to move to SQL anyway, but this pushed them to do it sooner than planned).
    David Singleton