Service Tier Administration Tool v3.3.1

12345679»

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 2,418Member, Moderator, Administrator
    Service Tier Administration Tool v3.3.0
    Version 3.3.0 (2019-01-02)

Opening dialogs considerably faster for remote folders.
    Tooltips on buttons in the menu.
    New function "Update Service Name from Settings" which updates the name of the selected services. How this is configured comes from the settings.
    New function "Start Classic (GSR)". Starts the DEV with -generatesymbolreference.
    Fixed a problem where some services were not listed.

https://mibuso.com/downloads/service-tier-administration-tool

Discuss this download here.
  • dkiehldkiehl Posts: 2Member
    Big fan of the utility - been using it for years. Unfortunately new version errors when I try to create new services. Had to downgrade back to previous version.
  • clienauclienau Posts: 56Member
    edited 2019-01-02
    Really ? Whats the problem? Any message?

Do you use the build update folder or the NST Settings to create the service?
  • MathijsSMathijsS Posts: 1Member
    First of all a big thanks for maintaining this great tool!

In the latest version i also receive the error "The Build Version folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\130.26413\Service\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe does not contain any service folders !" after selecting a base folder from the list.

I'm using the NST Settings to create a service.
  • clienauclienau Posts: 56Member
    Yes, sry for that. I have found it and fixed yesterday. I test some other scenarios at the moment and will release a new version today or tomorrow morning.
  • dkiehldkiehl Posts: 2Member
    I was getting the same error with build version - just tried 3.3.1 and it works fine. Thanks so much!
  • AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 2,418Member, Moderator, Administrator
    Service Tier Administration Tool v3.3.1
    Version 3.3.1 (2019-01-03)

Solve problems with NST Settings, RTC Settings and Classic Settings.

https://mibuso.com/downloads/service-tier-administration-tool

Discuss this download here.
  • bhalpinbhalpin Posts: 292Member
    Great tool that I've used for years. However, while I may have conquered NAV development and made a good living at it, I never could figure out how to configure this tool. (My bad!) I no longer have access to the wizards I used to work with who knew it inside-out, so I know I'll be fumbling around making a mess trying to set this up on a new machine. Is there any documentation anywhere? (Probably - and I've just made a fool of myself! :-)
  • vaprogvaprog Posts: 865Member
    bhalpin wrote: »
    I never could figure out how to configure this tool.
    Well, you are not alone, neither could I.
    There is some additional information/documentation in this thread here but it still did not help me sort things out.

Currently I get versions placed in Build Update Folder showing in Create New Service and the error
    "Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt." (Object is not instantiated) when clicking on Update Service (with version 3.3.1.0).