How to add a new report in Insert Items Form

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

I am trying to add a new report in Dept - Comp menusuite.when I try to do this it is prompting me to place a checkmark in the Insert Items Forms in the menusuite. When I click this option a new form is opened named Insert Items but i cant find the newly designed report in the series 50000. If i want to add this report in id 50000 to Insert Items form,How how to achieve?

If anyone knows the solution for how to achieve this, Kindly reply.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    This is very basic stuff and if you don't know then certainly you should seek training rather then help on forum.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi ssingla,

Have u understood the question which i have posted.I am not asking how to add a menu using menusuite. I am asking how to add a new report in the Insert Items form only If we add this report in Insert Items Form, then only we can check this option and make it available in RTC.

I dont think this is a basic question. =D>

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Your question is still a very basic question. Frankly I have never played/worked with Menusuite designer of RTC before but this is what I found out from NAV help:
    Creating a new menu group or inserting a menu item

To create a new menu group:

Right-click an item in the menu group to which you want to add a new group and then click Create Group. The new group appears as the last item within the group.

Type the name of the new menu group. Press Enter to apply the change.

To insert a new menu item:

Right-click an item in the menu group to which you want to add a new item and then click Insert Items....

In the Insert field, place a check mark next to the menu item(s) that you want to add and then click OK. The menu item(s) are added to the menu group.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Hi Ssingla,

To insert a new menu item:

Right-click an item in the menu group to which you want to add a new item and then click Insert Items....

In the Insert field, place a check mark next to the menu item(s) that you want to add and then click OK. The menu item(s) are added to the menu group.

This is what is mentioned in CAL help.

They have given the steps to add a menu from the existing Objects present in Insert Items Form.

But in my case i have created a new report and i want this report to appear in the Insert Items List so that i can check this object in the Insert Items Form and make this Available in RTC.

Thats why kindly read the entire question before replying.

Regards,
    Chandru.
  • rakeshraulrakeshraul Member Posts: 10
    Dear chandrurec,
    As you can see in Insert Item Form your objects are categorised in Administration, Finance Etc. You can see item in form only if there is menu exist for that item. So for first time you create you menu manually by using create item function then compile and save that menusuite. In next execution you will get your item in Insert Item Form.
    Hi rakeshraul,

I cannot find the "create item function" when I goto the design of the menusuite and right click on any of the modules.

Kindky tell me where I have to go in order to find this option Create Item and make my customised object available in the Insert Item Form and make this available in RTC.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • rakeshraulrakeshraul Member Posts: 10
    Please%20Check%20Attached%20screen%20shot
    Hi rakeshraul,

I cannot see the attached screenshot sent by you.

Can u send it to my mail id chandru_rec2k7@yahoo.co.in

Thanks & Regards,
    chandru.