Consumption posting for Top Assembly & Sub Assembly WO

navgbanavgba Member Posts: 48
Hi,
The planning engine creates multiple work orders one for top assembly and rest for sub assemblies. All have routing defined. Components are tied to the operations through routing link codes. I am using manual flushing.

routing setup times will be posted for each sub assembly work orders & the top assembly WO. My concern is how would we roll up the sub assembly times to the top assembly routing. Sub assembly will hv total operation time & top assembly routing will hv assembling times for main assembly.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    By having a sub assembly the nature of this is you move it into stock, by then consuming it as part in the parent the cost of the sub-assembly would naturally contain the labour and therefore it is included. No different than consuming a purchased part except the end cost of the sub-assembly contains internal labour.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • navgbanavgba Member Posts: 48
    Thanks.
    As i understand, all sub-assemblies be produced and brought to stock. Sub assemblies be then consumed for the parent/top assembly. This will include the rolled up labour cost to the parent assembly.
    Is there a report in nav tht gives total(parent+sub-assembly) build duration/cost with operations?