Backup & Restore Issue

shillushillu Member Posts: 72
Hi,

I have an issue of taking backup of live navision database(4.0sp3) from 09Oct09.
So I have created a new database on 19Oct09 and restored data till 08Oct09.
and trying to post the entries manually from 091009 to 19Oct09.

I would need your suggestion here:
1. How to create entires for posted invoices(sales,Purchase), Production?I cannot create dataports for these becoz ledger entries have been posted alredy.

Thanks..

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    shillu wrote:
    I cannot create dataports for these becoz ledger entries have been posted alredy.

You can use dataports for just about anything. There's nothing stopping you from importing directly into a ledger table. It is, of course, not recommended to do it this way.

Most of the posted document tables and open document tables share the same fields.

Re-reading your post, I'm wondering: Have they posted general journals to hit the g/l or something, but not posted documents? Perhaps you could explain in some more detail.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    shillu wrote:
    I have an issue of taking backup of live navision database(4.0sp3) from 09Oct09.
    So I have created a new database on 19Oct09 and restored data till 08Oct09.
    and trying to post the entries manually from 091009 to 19Oct09.

Just because you had a backup problem on the 9th you want to entger 10days of data?
    is this just to have a backup for the 9th or did you wipe out a days worth of work beacuse of a backup problem? something doesn't sound right to me :-k