Item Block & Item Renaming

MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
Hi,

I have 2 problems and expect solutions from experts;

1. I have blocked an item but still it is allowing me to sell at POS althought ON POS native database item is replicated correctly and showing it as blocked. However it is giving me message that item is blocked if I try to make a purchase order or sales order which is correct. It should alos give the same message at time of sale at Point of sale. I am using LS retail POS and Navision 5.

2. When I try to rename an item it is giving me error please see the attchment for error message.

Regards,

Comments

• vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    Both problems should be reviewed by your navision partner.

Problem 1 : you could check with LSretail if it should work standard or not?

Problem 2 : It means that in the import-table (an LS retail table) the field is to short : should be corrected by your partner.

There is a specific index for LSretail in the form, isn't it?
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    Problem 1 is solved . I Navision 5 with Retail Item card of LS retail we have to block it under item status form to stop them selling from POS.

Problem 2 is still existing looking for solutions the field is not short it is the standard and the text under it is also as per the allowed character limit. ](*,)
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I doubt that it is long enough as the error says it is a Code field of length 10 and your text is longer than 10 characters.

Did you design the Item Import Ledger Entry table (the one from the error) and confirm? If you don't have design access then you need to contact your partner as vanrofi suggested.
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    No we did not desing or modify Item Import Ledger Entry table. It is in standard form.
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    I think it is a standard table in LS retail, not in standard Navision.

Maybe a version-issue or something...it is an issue that can be solved by development only (or use shorter No's) so please contact your partner.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yeah, it was a bad testing job by someone. They didn't test all of their input with maximum text lengths. It's a pretty easy fix and your partner should have no trouble taking care of it for you.

A quick load into the developers toolkit, find everywhere that the field is used and make sure everything can handle that length.