Copying from "Requisition Worksheet" to "Planning Worksheet"

Jaideep_GhoshJaideep_Ghosh Member Posts: 50
Hi,
My Client has only Manufacturing Foundation License. In this regards it is unable to run 'Regenarative Planning' in the form of "Planning Worksheet".

To bypass this I have done all the SKU Configurations necessary. Based on this I am able to to run "Requisition Worksheet" batch job. Then I am 'copying' all the lines suggested in the "Requisition Worksheet" and 'pasting' this in the "Planning Worksheet". I am finding all the 'Accept action messages' have been checked.

After that I am carrying out the Action messages to generate Production Orders etc.

Is this a valid system to byepass 'Regenerative Planning' ? Where problem may occur by this copying and pasting from "Requisition Worksheet" to "Planning Worksheet" ?

Please advise.

Thanks & with regards,
Jaideep Ghosh

Comments

• Jaideep_GhoshJaideep_Ghosh Member Posts: 50
    Hi,

I will explain the case in more details. This is as follows:The Client has only two locations - "store" and "factory". First one is the Storage location for both Raw materials and finished products and the "factory" is where the goods are manufactured. As and when Raw Materials are required in factory for manufacturing, it is being "transfered" from the 'Store' location. Or we may say that Raw materials are being "issued" to the factory location.

Thus SKUs has been so mapped that when a finished item is being sold from 'store' and if it's inventory is inadequate in the 'Store' then it is suggested that it is produced in "factory" and also a transfer order is suggested simultaneously from factory to store.

Similarly, to manufacture the above finished items 'transfer orders' are suggested for Raw materials from the 'Store' to the 'factory', this is done through SKU mapping. Again if by this transfer the Raw materials inventory goes below the safety stock the 'Purchase' is suggested.

But our client do not have permission for "Regenerative Planning" in the Planning Worksheet. I found that the same planning suggestions for Prodcution etc can be done through "Requisition Worksheet" [for which it has permission]. Though the problem is Production orders cannot be generated through 'Requisition worksheet'. Thus I am copying the suggested lines from "Requisition Worksheet" to "Planning Worksheet" and then through carrry out action messages I am able to generate the Production Orders, Transfer Orders and Purchase Orders.

What problem it might possess by this "copying" and "Pasting" from Requisition Worksheet to Planning Worksheet.

Thanks & with Regards,

Jaideep Ghosh
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    There is no separate granual for "Regenerative Planning"

It runs the same report and same codeunit. Unless there is some localization.

What error do they get?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Jaideep_GhoshJaideep_Ghosh Member Posts: 50
    Dear Sir,
    :thumbsup: Thank you very much for your reply. If it is indeed so ... that the code unit for "Requisition Worksheet" and "Plannng Worksheet" is similar then we can safely populate the lines in "Requisition Worksheet" and then copy the lines and paste it to "Planning Worksheet" ?
    We have noted that in the "Requisition Workhseet" when the lines are populated then the "Ref Order no." is also serially populated. But from the Requisition worksheet if we try to carry out carry out action messages then the message comes as "There is nothing to create"