"Unit Amount Rounding Precision" in General Ledger Setup

myanilkumarmyanilkumar Member Posts: 108
Hi,

I had setup "Unit Amount Rounding Precision" to whole number i.e. 1 and closed the application and opened again.

Later if i tried to Key in Unit Amount in decimal places it still appears in decimal places. It's not rounding to whole number. I am not using any Currency.

Please let me know if i need to do any other setups.

Regards,
Anil

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Unit amount rounding precision is use during posting of inventory unit cost,

You will need to use Amount Rounding Precision when for entering amounts on sales order for example.

Amount Rounding Precision is used to round Amount in GL and in Cost amount actual/expected in value entry.

so where did you enter the value?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • myanilkumarmyanilkumar Member Posts: 108
    Hi Rasheed,

Thanks for the reply. I had setup Unit Amount Rounding Precision to whole and Amount Rounding Precision to 2 decimal Places.

I created a Sales Invoice and in the lines i had entered Unit Amount for eg. 2.75. It remains same. Its not rounding.

I need to know How it works?

Regards,
    Anil
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    I need to know How it works?

Make it 1 create a Purchase Invoice with Direct Unit Cost as 31.97 and post the invoice. Go to Value Entry of that particular entry and notice Cost per unit.
    Kapil Khanna
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Addition: U cannot change Amount rounding precision if u some posted entries. So u have blank db means with no ledger entries :?:
    Kapil Khanna