How to setup Server location as '\\server'

logu_cbelogu_cbe Member Posts: 54
Hi folks,

I would like to set one file name in Navsion.

File is in server location i.e, "\\server\filename.doc"

What will be the format in Navision to specify the file name in setup?

Thanks in Advance,
Logu

Comments

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    Please rephrase your question.

What exactly would you like to do with "\\server\filename.doc" ? :?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And where you want to specify the filename? In text constant or some table field?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    edited 2008-05-01
    do you want only store the unc path to this file :?: If yes, you need only a field with type text. Take a lookhere or here.

But please, give some mor informations, what you will do

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • logu_cbelogu_cbe Member Posts: 54
    hi there,

Thanks for your response...

What we want to do is...

1. In Nav sales setup, i would like to keep one folder name (Say \\Server\folder1\)
    2. One piece of code will do Report Saving in above sais folder as PDF and the same will be attached in mail.

We have done with point number 2.

In Point No.1, if i am giving Local folder (Say C:\test\folder1) i am not having any problem.

But i would like to give server harddisk location. (Shared location) as \\server\folder1\. How i can give this folder name in text filed of Sales & Receivable setup in Navision?

With Advance Thanks,
    Logu
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    U can map on all computers the Serverpath (Z(Yourserver):\YorFolderToStore\) and store this path on sales setup (Z:\YourFolderToStore) or you store in Sales Setup the UNC Path. With UNC you doesn't need to map a drive but the users must have permissions to connect to the server (also with mapping).

See link in my above post.

Regards.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can enter the path in same way you wrote it there. Did you tried it? Have you some specific problem with it? Some error?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • logu_cbelogu_cbe Member Posts: 54
    Thanks a lot for your input garak. (Mapping the Drive....!!! My problem solved)

Hi Kine: We could not have it as \\server\foldername. We will have to map the shared folder.

Thanks,
    Logu