Whse. Reclassification Journal & Dimensions

FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
We are getting the following message when trying to Register a Warehouse Reclassification Journal Line -
A dimension used in Item Journal Line , , [Line No] has caused an error. Select a Dimension Value Code for the Dimension Code [Dimension Code] for Item [Item No].

In looking into the code, I've found that the Warehouse Reclass Journal is creating a Reclassification Entry in the Item Journal behind the scenes, which is where the message is coming from. The code is not using the dimensions from the Item Card, and we have the dimension values set to Code Mandatory, but there is no place to fill in Dimensions on the Warehouse Reclass Journal. How did MS intend for this to work? Has anyone had this same problem?

Comments

• FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
    has anyone else seen this issue?
  • kittanehkittaneh Member Posts: 14
    Mr Fisherman,

I had the same problem, but not with the item reclass. journal, but with the consumption journal, but it is exactly the same problem and the same message, any clues or solutions???
  • FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
    No, actually I have not.

At one point, I found a hotfix on CustomerSource for the Item Journal and the Document Dimension table, but I'm unable to find it again.

It seems that there are several problems in NAV 5.0 with the Item Journal and Dimension posting. I have this issue in the Whse. Reclass journal, during planning, and other places. I'm not sure why more people haven't had these issues.
  • Bryan.SellersBryan.Sellers Member Posts: 10
    I've got the same problem. Looking at the the code the Whse. register codeunits simply don't create the dimensions on the Item Journal Line. ther's nothing in the knowledge database so I'll have a go at fixing this unless you have got a resolution.

Best regards