Date Format

ivanlotterivanlotter Member Posts: 31
How do I block users from entering a wrong date format?

Can I specify dd/mm/yy somewhere in the properties, at the moment they can insert dd/mm/yyyyy.
Ivan Lötter

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,086
    What is a wrong date?
    Navision controls that a date is valid : e.g. 31/02/2007 is NOT valid and will generate an error.

The format of the date is defined by the regional settings of Windows.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ivanlotterivanlotter Member Posts: 31
    Thanks,

The users can insert dates by mistake for example 19/01/0065 while they should have inserted 19/01/2007 which Navision will display as 19/01/07. Unfortunately once entered I can't go and change it although it is set editable in the table and form properties.
    Ivan Lötter
    The only thing you can do is to put some test in the OnValidate of the field that checks if that date is not too much in the past or the future.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    And of course using the dates on the setup (G/L and A/L) to prevent users from posting at past or future dates... Let them enter what they imagine... The system will throw it back to their faces... :evil:

As for changing the data, if it is not at a ledger (or affects ledger entries), then you can go through the object designer, run the table, locate the record and modify the value... But with caution... Think twice*twice*twice before changing something...
    Arhontis wrote:
    And of course using the dates on the setup (G/L and A/L) to prevent users from posting at past or future dates... Let them enter what they imagine... The system will throw it back to their faces... :evil:
    But these test the posting date. Not the Document date, order date, shipment date,...

Arhontis wrote:
    As for changing the data, if it is not at a ledger (or affects ledger entries), then you can go through the object designer, run the table, locate the record and modify the value... But with caution... Think twice*twice*twice before changing something...
    I would rather say : Think 10 times before doing it.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    kriki wrote:
    But these test the posting date. Not the Document date, order date, shipment date,...
    You are absolutely right of course Kriki... But IMHO the posting date is critical because it goes to the ledgers and nobody should change it... and if it is wrong then you have to make reverse documents e.t.c. to correct it...