Responsability Centers

foolosofofoolosofo Member Posts: 73
Hello friends!!

I am in trouble with a Navision functionality.

I want to know why we should use Responsability Centers. I don't know exactly its functionality and I hope somebody could explain it.

Therefore, it would be useful to know what's the difference of using or not Responsabilty Centers.

Thank you very much!!

Comments

• wirtnixwirtnix Member Posts: 50
    if yout company has more than one locations, you might want to give the users only the rights to see their own data, not the data of the users in another location.
    you can link a location code to a responsability center and the data which the users generate will be automatically have the correct location codes.
  • foolosofofoolosofo Member Posts: 73
    Thank you.

However, can't I link a location code to a user directly without using responsability centers?

Thank you again!
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    foolosofo wrote:
    Thank you.

However, can't I link a location code to a user directly without using responsability centers?

Thank you again!
    No, not out of the box, it would require custom programing
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Hi !

Resp. Centers are userd in case if company is having multiple
    Sales / Purchase offices.

In user setup you can define a Resp. Cntr against every user id.
    Sales / Purchase document created by user from one Resp. Cntr
    can not be seen by the user from another Resp. Cntr.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
    Thanks for your answers.

Of course, customer has more than one office, but I just want to work with Locations, not with responsability centers. Is it possible? What won't be able to do?

Thank you.
    foolosofo wrote:
    Thanks for your answers.

Of course, customer has more than one office, but I just want to work with Locations, not with responsability centers. Is it possible? What won't be able to do?

Thank you.
    do you have access to older versions of navision, before responsibility center were introduced it was standard to be able to set userid with a location code instead of a responsibility center. we used it in version 2.0, and were forced to buy the responsibility center granule to get the same functionality when we upgraded to 4.0

You should be able to see how to program it in the older version, it seems pretty simple. the user setup table contains the locations you want the users to be restricted to, and the filter is set on the on open trigger of the po, so, ect to filter the table based on userid and location code from the user setup table.
    So, we need new development or we have to buy this granule, but do you know if we can buy just one granule ID, or we have to buy BRL Business Advanced License?
    I was told they are not forcing the switch to BRL, but if you are looking at adding granuls, our solution center gave us a spreadsheet made by microsoft that we could plug in information and it would tell us cost to switch and what we would get, vs, cost of just adding the granuls we were missing and wanted.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    foolosofo wrote:
    So, we need new development or we have to buy this granule, but do you know if we can buy just one granule ID, or we have to buy BRL Business Advanced License?

Switching to BRL is optional. If you're still on MBL, then you can purchase the responsibility center granule individually.