How to Display Instance for each Product Purchased?

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Hello All,

I need to display one instance of each product purchased from a customer (similar to SQL DISTINCT, so that user does not have to scroll through Sales Invoice Line, etc.)

I'd like this to display from the Customer Card and I'd prefer this to come up in the 'Sales History' area.

I've had some success but want to make sure I am going about this in the correct fashion.

Any suggestions or input is greatly appreciated - Thanks and have a great day.

gadzilla1

Answers

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    For example you can relate Customer Ledger Entry and Item Ledger entry.

But the biggest problem will be select by distinct. Navision doesn’t support that. You must simulate using a temporary table.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    You can add a Flowfield in Customer table as type Lookup and map source no in value entry (or item ledger entry) with the customer No. (this way only one record is shown in the lookup field but when click you can see all). This is the fast method:)

You can also run Item List by giving this filter by code. Filter Item table with only the items which exist in the Value Entry with your customer No. This way is slow but I think it's better.

Regards.

Ufuk
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    What is the exact information that you want to display in the sales are of the Statistics, Item No. Combined with..?
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    I have to correct:
    Customer --> Vendor :mrgreen:
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    I don't fully understand the Customer -> Vendor angle?...I do understand lookup fields however. Could you give a little more detail?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Take a look at report 10048 - Customer/Item Statistics.

Does this do what you trying to accompllish?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Savatage wrote:

I think the user wants the result in a form instead of a report.

You need to create this form in Navision.

A good place to start is to look at form 5847 - Average Cost Calc. Overview. This form shows you how to group similar entries together to create a total with the ability to expand.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142

I also figured he can look at the report and see how it was done. 8)
    You can always create a menu item to that runs the report right from the customer card too. The orig post only mentions getting the info when on the customer card. I find this report to be extremely FAST! - so in the click of a button you would get a list of every item they bought & how many. It's alot easier to play around with a report \:D/
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Savatage wrote:

You need to create this form in Navision.

A good place to start is to look at form 5847 - Average Cost Calc. Overview. This form shows you how to group similar entries together to create a total with the ability to expand.

Oh, I forgot the mention that the form is in 5.0.

One thing about reports is that you can't drilldown.. :(
    Nonetheless, it's a faster and more cost effective solution.
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    I just put 'solved' in title but failed to show the courtesy of saying THANKS, so THANKS to all. O:)

i did go the 10048 report option and even tinkered with making the preview automatic...instead of having to chose between print and preview.

saw some really cool posts dealing with AUTOMATION, which i don't have as a datatype for global variables.

have a great day and thanks again! gadzilla1